Monday, February 6, 2012

Cleaning Schedule

 
I was recently offered a consulting position that would allow me to work from home part-time. With an amazing vacation planned for the fall, I couldn't pass up this opportunity to make some extra money for our trip.

However, I was worried that the tidiness of our home would suffer since I'll be primarily caring for Jolene and fitting in work in the down time, which is normally when I'd clean. So I created a cleaning schedule that I hope will help me stay on track. Crossing my fingers!

Daily Tasks:
  • Make the bed
  • Spray the shower
  • Wash cloth diapers
  • Vacuum areas where Jolene plays
  • Sort the mail
  • Empty the kitchen sink
  • Clear the clutter in living areas

Monday:
  • Laundry
  • Bedrooms
    • Dust furniture
    • Change sheets
    • Vacuum

Tuesday:
  • Laundry
  • Bathrooms
    • Clean mirrors
    • Clean counters
    • Clean showers/bathtubs
    • Clean toilets
    • Vacuum floors
    • Mop floors

Wednesday:
  • Living room
    • Dust furniture
    • Vacuum floor
  • Office
    • Dust furniture
    • Vacuum floors
    • Straighten up work space
  • Entry
    • Vacuum floor
    • Mop floor

Thursday:
  • Kitchen
    • Clean counter tops
    • Wipe down appliances
    • Spot clean cabinets
    • Clean out refrigerator
    • Take out garbage, recycling
    • Vacuum floor
    • Mop floor
  • Dining room
    • Wipe down table, chairs
    • Vacuum floor
    • Mop floor
  • Clean cat box

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to do (and stick to!) this. Good luck and congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete