Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 4 Recap: Express Happy House Challenge Plus

 
Wow, I can't believe I've already completed four weeks of the Express Happy House Challenge with My Happy House.  We're starting our last week and our house has never looked better!  I'm really enjoying my clean house, which makes all of my hard work so worthwhile.  We're hosting dinner for friends this Saturday, so I'm excited that the house is already so clean and I just need to do a quick maintenance clean of the first floor and we're ready to entertain!

My totals for last week are:

1 - Make the bed: 7/7
2 - Empty the sink: 7/7
3 - Clear the clutter: 7/7
4 - Sweep the kitchen floor: 5/7
5 - Sort the mail: 4/6
6 - Spray the shower: 7/7
7 - Write it down: 7/7
8 - Organize your outerwear: 7/7

It may not have been a perfect week, but I'm still proud of my numbers!  It's definitely hard to finish my evening tasks (empty the sink, clear the clutter, sweep the kitchen floor, sort the mail, and organize the outerwear) each night because the couch is calling.  But I just remind myself that all of those tasks take less than 15 minutes total, so just get in done.  Then I can truly enjoy my "me" time! 

The "Plus" for last week was to deep clean the bedrooms.  Here's the task list that Molly provided (things I finished are in green, unfinished are in red):

  • Clean light fixtures
  • Clean blinds 
  • Clean windows
  • Strip all bedding and clean
  • Dust all furniture
  • Organize drawers
  • Organize closets 
  • Clean baseboards 
  • Vacuum floors

I was able to finish everything by Tuesday morning, which felt great.  Jolene's crib is in our room, so her naps and night time sleeps left that room off limits for my normal "work" hours.  I had to break the tasks up for that room over four days to finish!  I didn't take before pictures because the rooms look nearly the same, but now they're sparkling!

Guest Bedroom AFTER

Jolene's Bedroom AFTER

Master Bedroom AFTER

For the fifth (and final!) of the challenge, Molly has added two new daily tasks (9 - Clean the counters, 10 - Relax and enjoy your clean house) and a deep clean of the living room.  Here's the itemized task list:

  • Dust the lighting
  • Clean the furniture
  • Clean the blinds
  • Clean the windows
  • Clean the baseboards
  • Vacuum the floor

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great! You've inspired me to get off my bum and get cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany! I'm not sure if you're following "My Happy House," but Molly is a great motivator! Definitely check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete