Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 3 Recap: Express Happy House Challenge Plus

 
Three weeks down, two weeks to go in the Express Happy House Challenge with My Happy House.  Our house has never looked better!  I've always wanted our home to be "guest ready" at all times and it is now thanks to the daily tasks! 

My totals for last week are:

1 - Make the bed: 7/7
2 - Empty the sink: 7/7
3 - Clear the clutter: 7/7
4 - Sweep the kitchen floor: 6/7
5 - Sort the mail: 4/7 (i didn't check the mail every day)
6 - Spray the shower: 5/7 (I needed to deep clean first)

The "Plus" for last week was to deep clean the bathrooms.  Here's the task list that Molly provided (things I finished are in green, unfinished are in red):

  • Clean mirror (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Clean blinds (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Clean windows (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Clean light fixtures (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Scrub toilet (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Clean cupboard interiors/exteriors (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Clean counters (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Deep clean floor (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Deep clean baseboards (powder room, guest bath, master bath)
  • Deep clean shower and tub (guest bath, master bath) 

All done, yay!  It was definitely hard to finish since I was sick three of the seven days and Dustin was out of town four of the seven as well, leaving me alone with Jolene.  I'm so glad that I finished though.  I forgot to take before pictures, but the after pictures are below.

Powder Room AFTER

Guest Bath AFTER

Master Bath AFTER

Master Bath AFTER

Master Bath AFTER

For the fourth week of the five week challenge, Molly has added two new daily tasks (7 - Write it down, 8 - Organize your outerwear) and a deep clean of the bedrooms.  We have three bedrooms, so I'm definitely going to break up the task list that Molly provided:

  • Clean all light fixtures
  • Strip all bedding and clean
  • Dust all furniture
  • Organize closets
  • Organize drawers
  • Clean mirrors and windows
  • Vacuum floors

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your master bath tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Now if I could only use that beautiful tub. My almost five-month old hasn't let her Mama have a bath in that tub yet (we just moved into the house three months ago). Soon, soon!

    ReplyDelete