Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 2 Recap: Express Happy House Challenge Plus


Two weeks down, three weeks to go in the Express Happy House Challenge with My Happy House.  I am loving how clean and sparkly my house is looking.  I do my best to start the day off by making the bed and end each day by emptying the sink, sweeping the kitchen floor, and clearing the clutter on the first floor (living room, dining room, kitchen).  Having the first floor in order really makes the beginning and end of each day feel so relaxing.  I love being able to come down stairs, make a cup of coffee, and not feel overwhelmed with a mess.  Ahhh!

So my totals for last week are:

1 - Make the bed: 7/7
2 - Empty the sink: 6/7
3 - Clear the clutter: 6/7
4 - Sweep the kitchen floor: 6/7

The "Plus" for last week was to deep clean the dining room.  Here's the task list that Molly provided (things I finished are in green, unfinished are in red):
  • Dust the dining room lighting
  • Wash the glass portion of the dining room lighting
  • Clean the dining room furniture
  • Clean the dining room windows
  • Clean the dining room blinds
  • Deep clean the dining room floor

Yay, I finished it all!

Dining Room BEFORE


Dining Room AFTER

For the third week of the five week challenge, Molly has added two new daily tasks (5 - Sort the Mail, 6 - Spray the Shower) and a deep clean of the bathrooms.  I really hate cleaning the bathroom, but this is going to be good for me!  We have three bathrooms, so I'm definitely going to break up the task list that Molly provided:

  • Deep clean shower/bath
  • Deep clean floor and baseboards
  • Clean all mirrors and glass
  • Clean light fixtures
  • Scrub toilets including the base
  • Clean cupboard interiors/exteriors- discard unnecessary items
  • Clean counters and all items on counters

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I have 3 full baths also, so this will probably be a weekend task for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corinne! I wish you luck on the three baths! I was able to tackle one this evening.

    ReplyDelete