Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 1 Recap: Express Happy House Challenge Plus


I am pretty proud of my first week of the Express Happy House Challenge Plus (courtesy of Molly at My Happy House).  For the first week, our two tasks were to make the bed and empty the sink.  Drum roll please...

1 - Make the bed: 5/5
2 - Empty the sink: 4/5

We were out of town for two days and nights, so only five days were possible for me last week.  I so wanted to empty the sink on that last night, but Jolene would not let me escape.  I enjoyed the snuggles more though!

The "Plus" for last week was to deep clean the kitchen.  I'm glad we started here because it's probably one of the hardest areas for me to tackle, aside from the bathrooms.

Here's the itemized task list that Molly provided (things I finished are in green, unfinished are in red):
  • Clean the cupboards- interiors and exteriors
  • Wipe down appliances
  • Clean windows
  • Clean blinds
  • Clean refrigerator interior
  • Clean pantry
  • Deep clean counters and small appliances
  • Deep clean floors and garbage/recycling containers

That's right, I finished it all!  Woo hoo!  A big thank you to Jolene for napping without Mommy today so I could finish!

I am most excited about the pantry.  Talk about a disaster zone!  Here are the before and after pictures:

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After


Pantry Before

Pantry After

For this week, Molly has added two new daily tasks (3 - Clear the clutter, 4 - Sweep the kitchen floor) and a deep clean of the dining room.  That room is definitely cleaner than the kitchen was, so I'm planning to add some extra work on too.

2 comments:

  1. That pantry looks awesome!!! Great job momma! Yeah, I am stoked about the dining room. It will take about half the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corinne! I'm happy to say that the pantry is still looking great. The dining room only took me one day, which was nice. The bathrooms are taking a little longer this week though (I have three).

    ReplyDelete